Thursday, March 13, 2008

Update on Lilly -- March 13, 2008


Another prayer request...

Lilly's Mommy took Lilly into the Dr. yesterday after noticing a little mound on her stomach. It was diagnosed by the Dr. to be a hernia. This appears to be unrelated to the cancer or chemo at this point. Today when they get to the hospital they will be getting an ultrasound to further diagnose this and determine a treatment plan.

The huge prayer request now is that they will find a treatment for it that won't require surgery. If Lilly needs surgery it will delay her chemo treatment, cause another risk for infection, and all the other scary things that come along with surgery. Her little body has been through enough, so lets pray that there is another alternative. The good news is that it isn't infected, and it doesn't seem to be causing her any pain.

The plan today was to start phase 3 of her chemo, and for her to have a spinal tap and a bone marrow draw to make sure she's still in remission. I will send another update today or tomorrow when they know what the next plan is. Please continue to pray hard for this little girl!!! I know this will all be over soon for them, but it can feel like an eternity when you're in the middle of it. Keep praying for everyone to stay strong.

Thank you for continuing to pray for this sweet little baby from our church. I know that God has been working miracles in her life, and we will continue to pray.

Angie

1 comment:

Janette said...

Hi. What a adorable little princess!I wish all the best for her and her mother too.